The San Antonio Express-News reports:
In letters read aloud on Sunday to the affected congregations, San Antonio Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller announced that two priests had been removed from ministry and reported to law enforcement over allegations that they had inappropriate sexual contact with minors. The congregations at both churches were notified Sunday via letters from Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller that were read aloud.
Father Jesus Eduardo Martinez-Soliz of St. Joseph Church-Honey Creek in Spring Branch is accused of sexual misconduct and grooming a minor, García-Siller said. At St. Monica Catholic Church in Converse, a teenager said that Father Alejandro Ortega had touched them inappropriately, the archbishop said. The minor reported the incident at a Catholic youth retreat held with another parish on June 24.
Read the full article.
Archdiocese of San Antonio removes Comal County priest from duties following sexual misconduct allegations https://t.co/1z98Fewyfy
— KSAT 12 (@ksatnews) August 14, 2023